Have you thought about how your backup plan or process would look like? This is something that you should plan or at least think about before rushing to restore a backup.
The steps below will provide you with an outline/template of things you should know how to do or at least know where to find them:
1. Know how to create a backup.
2. Know how to automate backups.
3. Know how to store backups.
4. Know how to find logging.
5. Know how to review logging.
6. Know how to restore a backup.
Here is a relatable story about the birth of BackupBuddy.