Add a new discount to the database.
- $args (array) - Array of arguments.
- $name (string) - Required. Name of the discount.
- $description (string) - Optional. Description of the discount.
- $amount (int|float) - Required. Amount to discount.
- $unit (string) - Required. Type of discount - either
%to indicate a percentage discount, or
flatto indicate a flat discount amount. This is used with $amount to build the full discount amount. Default
- $code (string) - Required. The code used during registration to apply this discount.
- $use_count (int) - Optional. The number of times the discount has been used so far. Default 0.
- $max_uses (int) - Optional. The maximum number of times the discount may be used. 0 indicates unlimited. Default 0.
- $status (string) - Optional. Status of the discount. Either
activeto indicate the discount may be used, or
disabledto indicate the discount may not be used. Default disabled.
- $expiration (string) - Optional. MySQL date representing when the discount expires. It may no longer be used after this date. Leave blank to never expire. Default blank.
- $membership_level_ids (array) - Optional. The array of membership IDs this discount may be used for. Leave blank to allow on all membership levels. Default empty array.
- $one_time (int) - Optional.
0to create a recurring discount that applies to all payments in a membership, or
1to create a one-time discount that only applies to the first payment. Default 0.
- (int) - ID of the newly created discount code on success.
- (WP_Error) - WP_Error object on failure.
Version added: 3.3
Create a one-time 50% off discount for Black Friday that expires December 1st at 11:59 pm.
$discount_id = rcp_add_discount( array( 'name' => 'Black Friday Sale', 'amount' => 50, 'unit' => '%', 'code' => 'black_friday_2019', 'expiration' => '2019-12-01 23:59:59', 'one_time' => 1 ) );