Back up your entire WordPress installation - Widgets, themes, plugins, files and SQL database - the entire package!
- Scheduled Backups - With BackupBuddy, you can schedule backups to run automatically.
- Off-site Backups - Automatically send your backups off-site to BackupBuddy Stash, Dropbox, Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud, OneDrive, an FTP server, or your email. You can even send backups to one destination or multiple destinations for added protection.
- Back Up Non-WordPress Tables - Have tables stored in your database that aren’t created or stored by WordPress? No problem. BackupBuddy can back up, restore and move those too.
- Directory and Database Table Exclusion - Choose which directories you don't want to include in your backup.
- Backup Number and Size Limits - Manage how many backups to keep in each location, so you don't accidentally use too much storage space by keeping old backups.
- Email Notifications - Receive email notifications for the start and completion of backups, errors and if no backups complete in "x" days.
Restore your WordPress site fast. The restore function in BackupBuddy is super simple. Upload ImportBuddy and your backup file and it restores WordPress: your themes, widgets, plugins, and everything else. You don’t even need to install WordPress first!
- Restore within BackupBuddy - Easily restore your entire site or database within the BackupBuddy plugin!
- No Need to Install WordPress - If you have a full backup, BackupBuddy will handle reinstalling WordPress for you. Just enter your new database credentials, and you're back in business.
- 2-File Restore - All you need to restore is our ImportBuddy script and your backup zip file.
- Restore Just Your Database - Choose to restore just your database from an earlier database-only backup if a WordPress configuration change makes your site unstable.
Move a WordPress site to another domain or server easily. If you build custom WordPress sites for clients, this plugin is for you! This is a very popular feature for WordPress developers who build a custom site for a client on a temporary domain or locally (like a sandbox or playground site) and then want to move the entire site with content, styles, widgets and all on a live client domain.
- Manual Migration - The ImportBuddy script can be used to manually move a site too.
- URLs & Paths - BackupBuddy handles all the URL and path changes for you when you move to a new domain or subdirectory. No need to do a big find and replace. BackupBuddy also handles migrating serialized (encoded) data.
BackupBuddy Stash/Stash Live
BackupBuddy Stash is the easiest way to store your backups safely, off-site. Free storage comes with all BackupBuddy purchases, so just login with your iThemes username and password and you are ready to start sending backups.
BackupBuddy also offers Stash Live, which is a cloud-based alternative to backing up your site. Stash Live will create backups or "snapshots" whenever the option is enabled and will pick up on new changes made to the new site in the event you need to roll back to a previous version of the site.
BackupBuddy will also perform a malware scan on your site to ensure security. In the event you find any type of malware, there will always be a backup you can migrate or restore off of.
- View server configuration settings and recommendations
- View site size and database size (with and without exclusions)
- View file transfer status and statistics
- Verify file permissions.
- Graphical interactive directory size map
- View database tables, status, and sizes